Thursday, May 28, 2009

in the year 2005/6ish

listen to this song, by the Rosebuds. Title: Makeout Song

[i cnt stop listening to it, it fits this slow summer night perfectly]

this song reminds me of year 10, and made me want to compile a list of the songs/bands i liked in the year of 10.

these bands are all post my AFI obsession:

Mates of State



this was an entry for a contest MOS had for their fans. The task: make a music video to "Goods". I luved this video by G.J. Echternkamp and even had a link to it in my AIM profile.

Architecture in Helsinki



i was in forever21 the other day and their new song "The Beep" [impressed, i rly like that song, rly poppy and top40-esque imo.] was playing.. they were always kinda popular, right? yah..anyways really liked their simple/catchy songz.

The Moldy Peaches



...I am going to take this as an opportunity to say FUCK JUNO. That movie was utter shit and whoever likes it, I think a bit less of you now. Also, it was a pain in the ass to try to find a Moldy Peaches vid because of all the fucking "anyone else but you" cover videos by FUCKING JUNO FANS.

DAMN YOU JUNO. DAMN YOU TO HELL!

The Unicorns



definitely put this on a mix cd for my dad aha. my personal fave song is "Child Star" because of the call-and-response part in the middle <3 I like Islands and all, but miss the Unicorns.

Mirah


Make It Hot - Mirah

too many good songs to pic from, but this was one that i really really liked when i was 15. i missed seeing her in SF this year..ihatenawtbeing21, but i will be in a month ;)

Belle and Sebastian

the album "If You're Feeling Sinister," could probably be the soundtrack to all of my sophmore year and fit everything i felt that year perfectly. this album is beautiful.



blahblah i know it's the song that the album is named after but whatevs, it was still my favorite and my xanga background music for hella days. HELLA days...who remembers xanga? xanga was like prehistoric social networking for "outcasts" and azns.

Le Tigre



WHO DOESN'T LIKE DECEPTICON?! that video was so good. i posted it before in one of my first posts, maybe even the first one? i will admit, for awhile i thought the band was two girls and a boy... :/

mad love to lesbians and riot grrls.

1 comment: