Friday, May 29, 2009

natural woman

today i decided to try out a couple of natural/DYE beauty remedies.

1. extra virgin olive oil



i have read reviews on makeupalley claiming that EVOO will clear skin, heal cracked heels (hehe), remove makeup/moisturize face, most say it does not cause breakouts. i am a little scared to put it on my face because its a thick oil, but i will try it for the purpose of science.

as a foot treatment:

i applied about half a teaspoon to each foot and then followed with a pair of socks.

first impression: the smell is making me hungry.

an hour later: my feet are extremely soft, i would even go as far as to say they are fetish worthy.




as a facial moisturizer:


first impression: i put a dime size into my palm and rubbed it on my face, it doesnt feel as thick and greasy as i thought it would. my skin feels really soft, but i am debating leaving it on or washing it off after like 15 minutes..

in their reviews people on makeupalley claimed that it "dissolved blackheads"..that has yet to be seen..

5 min later: my pores actually do look clearer and my face has yet to become irritated, so i think i will leave it on and update in like an hour or so.

overall: my skin tone was more even, and i liked it, but i would use it at night only.

eyelash treatment:

some say that if you coat your eyelashes with EVOO they become thicker and grow longer.

meh, i'll try it, what do i have to lose.

2. aspirin face mask



ingredients:

3-4 UNCOATED aspirin
1/2 tablespoon of honey
enough luke warm water to make aspirin dissolve without being too watery

first impression: i first made this mask with too much water and when i added the honey it was very watery, so i didn't do it exactly right...but the mix is on my face..it smells weird.

may have not made the mask correctly but as a scrub it feels good.

results?: after leaving it on for 10 minutes, i used my clarisonic to get it loose, then washed my face with a cleanser.

my skin feels really soft, but a bit tight/dry around my jawline and forehead.

overall: the water/aspirin ratio is a bit tricky, but i would definitely use this again and see if i could get some long-term results.

*it has been like 2 hours since i wrote this. looking back it is kinda randumb, but i will post it anyways aha.

No comments:

Post a Comment