Wednesday, April 22, 2009

just sayin, jew know?

I really like the intro to "My Dick" by Mickey Avalon..and yes, I am embarrassed.

I want to marry Devendra Banhart, not because I like his music, but because he looks like a foreign Dave Grohl. And not because I like the Foo Fighters just because he is hot. yah, that's really all it is.

I wonder what Miles Davis would have said about Lady Gaga.

I always cry when I hear people singing spirituals, or whenever I watch a movie about the Black civil rights movement. It makes my "Power to the People" class very uncomfortable at times. I secretly hope he noticed once and thought that I (as a white person) wasn't all that bad and ignant.

I wish more people (white people) realized how much of "our" music was stolen from the minds and talents of Black musicians and people.

I hate Asher Roth. He makes me hate my generation, and white males EVEN more, didn't know it was possible.

I really like listening to "This American Life" on NPR, with my dad.

I really like my dad. I feel guilty that my family is so amazing.



photo by Demian Becerra of Holy Mountain

check out his blog, its rly kewl.

1 comment:

  1. i want your dad as my dad but i want to keep my dad. so i want two dads.

    ReplyDelete